We may add to or amend this Policy with other notices. We may also post different privacy statements for some Services and when we do so, this Policy does not apply. For example, separate policies apply to information collected from your device through Tell HTC Usage and Tell HTC Error Reporting.
NOTE: Your wireless operator, mobile operating system provider, and/or third-party applications, toolbars, services and websites may also collect, use, and share information about you and your device and your usage. HTC’s privacy policies do not cover any third parties, their products, actions, or their services. HTC cannot control how third parties collect, use, or secure your data. For information about third party privacy practices, please consult their privacy policies. Only download applications from reputable third parties.
- Information you give us
- Information we automatically collect
- Information collected through advertising
- Use of your personal information
- More about location data
- Sharing of personal information
- Where we store your information; transfer of your information
- Information choices and changes
- Security of your personal information
- Contact information
Information you give us
When you use our Services, you may provide information to us, both online and offline, including, for example: your name, email address, postal address, phone numbers, fax number, date of birth, device identifiers, location data, your carrier information, photos, videos, and demographics (gender, company or organization name, occupation, language preference, city, country, zip code, area code, time zone, etc.). If you purchase through the Services, we may also hold your credit card numbers or other payment information. We may also hold and associate this payment information with information from other sources, including your social accounts that you choose to associate with the Services, or with information from other companies.
Information we automatically collectWhen you use the Services, we automatically collect some information. We may collect information about your usage of and activity on our Services. When you visit our websites, information we may automatically log includes, for example, your operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before visiting our website. When you use our devices, download and use our applications, or access the Services from your device, we may also log information related to your device. We may log, for example, your location, phone number, device type, serial number, device identifiers (e.g., IMEI, MEID, serial number, CID, MID, and eMCC ID Number or SIM card ID), the types and versions of mobile operating systems, applications and software you use, content you view or use and time-stamped logs of data exchanges.
Web Beacons. Web beacons are electronic images we may use on our websites or in our emails to deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness such as whether you open and act on an email we send you.
Local Shared Objects ("Flash Cookies") We use local shared objects, also known as "Flash cookies,” to store your preferences such as volume control or to display content based upon what you view on our websites to personalize your visit. Third party partners may also provide certain features on our websites and display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity using Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from other cookies because of the amount of, type of, and way in which data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser usually will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html#117118 (or in the EU http://www.youronlinechoices.com/).
Information collected through advertisingTHIRD PARTY ADS IN THE SERVICES.
HTC ADS ON THIRD PARTY WEBSITES.
We may use information collected using third-party cookies and web beacons on our Services and in our emails to deliver HTC-branded advertising displayed to you on third-party websites. We also may use cookie information to know when you return to our website after visiting these third-party websites. We use this and other information about you to try to understand your interests and show you relevant advertising about products and services that may interest you.
Use of your personal informationHTC may use your personal information to:
- operate and improve our websites, products, Services, and marketing;
- provide you with a personalized and customized experience, content, marketing, and recommendations across all our Services;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products and Services you request;
- send you information related to your requests and purchases, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about contests, promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and news about products and services offered by HTC and our selected partners (we do this per your choices below) and process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- link or combine your personal information with other information we get about your use of other HTC Services and from third parties to help understand you and your needs, and provide you with recommendations, better service, and customized marketing; and
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
More about location data
- When you use certain Services, we may collect, process, store, and share precise location data. This location information may include real-time geographic location of your device. It may also include names of places you have been, where you check-in, places you mark on a map, geographic location of where you have taken photos, routes you have travelled, and the dates and times you were at certain locations. HTC may share your location data with application providers who show they have the right permissions.
- HTC may associate location data with your device ID and your account information.
- Our Services may also collect precise location data in a de-identified form, and we may share this data with partners and carriers to improve features and services.
Sharing of personal informationINFORMATION YOU SHARE
The Services may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly or with other people. You may also connect to, and share your information on, third party websites and services. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose who to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We may share your personal information as follows:
- We may share your personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with our partners on a co-branded website, or you may use the Services to connect to our partners’ services or request to receive information from them. Our partners’ use of your personal information will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share your personal information for the purposes of a business deal (or negotiation of a business deal) involving sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. Business deals may include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, security, and safety purposes, including:
- to comply with laws or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- in an emergency, including protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who use the information to provide us services or do work for us.
- We may share your information with carriers. Their use of your information is subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share aggregated and de-identified data with others.
Where we store your information; transfer of your information
Information choices and changesOur marketing emails tell you how to "opt-out" of receiving marketing emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to us through our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, marketing choices and to update, access or make other changes regarding your personal information.
You can use settings on your device and in your browser settings to change how we, and others, can collect certain information about you (e.g., by blocking certain cookies). Read your product manual for more information about device settings and see the cookie section and Information Collected Through Advertising section, above.
Security of your personal informationWe strive to protect the personally identifiable information we get from you through our Services. Although we take steps to use and improve safeguards, no company can prevent every security risk or harm. If you become aware of a vulnerability affecting HTC Services please email email@example.com or visit this website to report it.
HTC Account lets you use a single user name and password to log on to HTCSense.com and other HTC applications and Services. Some HTC applications and Services require a different user name and password. Please protect your user names and passwords to help prevent anyone from accessing your accounts and Services.
We are not responsible for the security of third-party applications and services or the data those third-party applications and services may collect about you. Please ask those third parties how they keep your data safe.
ContactWe welcome your comments or questions about this Policy. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us at our address:
HTC America, Inc.
13920 SE Eastgate Way, Suite 400
Bellevue, WA 98005
Attention: Privacy Administrator
No 88, Section 3
New Taipei City
Email address: Webmaster_NA@htc.com
Company registration number: 16003518
HTC Europe Co. Ltd
Communications House Presley Way
Crownhill Milton Keynes MK8 0ES UK
Email address: Webmaster_NA@htc.com
Company registration number: 04826012
Attention: Privacy Administrator
(HTC Europe Co. Ltd is the nominated representative of HTC Corporation for the EU.)